What information do we collect?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information which may include sensitive personal information such as employment details, salary, bank account details and proof of ID. Generally this information is requested when you apply for our products and/or services.
How do we use your data and why are we collecting your personal information?
- We will use your personal information, which may include personal sensitive information, and information we obtain from other sources for
- considering and processing your application for our products and/or services, in order to help select a product that is right for you and to perform our contractual obligations;
- dealing with your enquiries, administration and customer services, in order to provide the products and/or services you have requested in accordance with the terms of your application and the terms and conditions which apply to your application and the use of our services;
- for marketing, if you have provided your consent to this. For more detail, please see the section titled 'How do we use your information for marketing?' below;
- for credit searches, in order to match you with the most appropriate product and/or service in accordance with the terms of your application. For more detail, please read the rest of this section and the section titled 'It is important that you provide us with accurate information' below;
- We may pass on any details you provide to us to affiliates solely for analysis purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interest to assess how you interact with our site and which products and services you are interested in or choose, in order to tailor and adapt our offerings to customers and to improve customer experience. For more detail, please see the section titled 'Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting' below; and
- We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- We will use and share your information obtained through our application process with selected lenders in order to process your application for finance products / services and to generate a finance quotation.
- We may also share your information with the following types of third-party organisations who may process your data on our behalf:
- Analytics tools which may monitor your behaviour whilst on the Zuto website to allow Zuto to constantly improve its user journey, design and content layout;
- Online advertising solutions to allow us to show you relevant content about our finance products / services;
- Customer feedback tools to ensure that we get your feedback that helps us improve our service to you;
- Live chat services to help us speak to each other;
- Marketing communications software to help us contact you more effectively;
- Social media sites to show you relevant content about our finance products / services;
- Vehicle valuation tools to allow you to value your vehicle as part of the finance process; and
- Car dealerships to facilitate selecting a vehicle as part of your application, including arranging test drives for your selected vehicle.
- In assessing your application for credit, to prevent fraud, to check your identity and to prevent money laundering, we may (i) search the files of credit reference agencies CallCredit, Equifax and/or Experian (or any other credit reference agency that we may use from time to time) who will record any credit searches on your file. For further information on how credit reference agencies use your personal information, please visit: http://www.experian.co.uk/crain/index.html; and (ii) disclose details of how you conduct your account to such agencies. The information will be used by other credit grantors for making credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, for fraud prevention, money laundering prevention and occasionally for tracing debtors. Information used for these purposes will include publicly available information such as electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy orders or repossessions.
- We may pass on any information you provide to us to potential insurers - if you give consent for Warranty Direct to contact you for guaranteed asset protection or extended warranty products.
- If your application is declined by all of our available lenders, your personal data and information may be passed to a 3rd party lender for consideration for alternative financial products. You can control whether this happens by opting in to this as part of the second marketing preference options detailed on the application form. This 3rd party may carry out additional credit reference searches against you.
- All telephone calls are recorded for security, training and monitoring purposes.
We may also send you information from selected Zuto Partners, detailed below:
Who are Zuto's partners?
- Insurance comparison providers – this allows you to compare insurance products so you can make an informed decision.
- Credit reference agencies – to help you keep up to date with your credit score and improve it going forward.
- Vehicle leasing providers – as an alternative finance option to you if we are unable to help you.
It is important that you provide us with accurate information
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
Please contact us at the address shown below if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. We and other organisations may access and use, from other countries, the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
We may ask credit reference agencies to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring uses a number of factors to work out risks involved in any application. A score is given to each factor and a total score obtained. Where automatic credit scoring computations are used, acceptance or rejection of your application will not depend only on the results of the credit scoring process.
Another person’s records will be ‘associated’ with you, by us and/or credit grantors, when: 1. You make a joint application 2. You advise us of a financial association with another person 3. The credit reference agencies have existing linked or ‘associated’ records This ‘association’ will link your records at the credit reference agencies and will be taken into account in all future applications by either or both of you. This shall continue until one of you applies to the credit reference agencies and is successful in filing a ‘disassociation’. You MUST therefore ensure when making a joint application or advising us of some other financial association that you are entitled to: 1. Disclose information about your joint application 2. Authorise us to search, link or record information at a credit reference agency/ies about you and anyone referred to by you.
We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal information for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
Cookies do a number of different jobs such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, assisting you to improve your site experience as well as trying to ensure that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you. To find out about specific cookies we use on our site, please see below.
The cookies can be categorised as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies;
- Functionality Cookies; and
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move through the Website and use its features. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary no consent is required.
These cookies collect anonymous information on how our customers use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable us to improve how the site operates. We utilise Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive and browse our site and highlight where we can improve areas such as navigation, customer experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies is anonymised and never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established. By using our site, you accept the use of “Performance Cookies”. Accepting these cookies is a condition of the web site so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (for example the loan amount, credit score and repayment period selected when using the Car Finance Calculator) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies enable us to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and make the visits more tailored and pleasant. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer/mobile device without your explicit consent. Your browser “help” section will normally provide details on how to manage the cookie settings. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
We use Google Analytics to track your preferences and also to identify popular sections of our Website. Use of Google Analytics in this way, enables us to adapt the content of our Website more specifically to your needs and thereby improve what we can offer to you.
If you do not wish for us to collect and analyse statistical data related to your Website visit you may object to the future use of your data at any time (known as an “opt-out”).
In order to implement your objection it is necessary to install an opt-out cookie on your browser. This cookie will only indicate that you have opted out.
It is important to note, that for technical reasons, the opt-out cookie will only affect the browser from which you actively object from. If you delete the cookies in your browser or use a different end device or browser, you will need to opt out again. For further information about the use of these cookies by Google click here
Key Stroke Recording
We use Key Stroke Recording technology on our Website. This technology records the information you fill in on the application form, as you fill it in. If you do not proceed to submit your application we may use legitimate interests to contact you using the details you added on the application form, to see if you would like to complete your application. We will not use your contact details for any other purpose.
Don't want to be contacted?
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or the Zuto Partners listed above, other than on the goods and/or services which you have requested information about, please DO NOT tick the relevant boxes when submitting your personal information by application. Alternatively, please contact us using the details below or simply unsubscribe from any email that is sent to you by Zuto (which will be located at the bottom of the email).
How do we use your information for marketing?
Where you have agreed, we may share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other organisations' goods and services. We may contact you by mail, telephone, fax, email or other electronic messaging service with offers of products, services or information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners, other than on the goods and/or services which you have requested information about, please indicate this when submitting your personal information or contact us using the details below.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we reasonably need it, which may include:
- Finance Agreement and Application Form – we may store this information for up to 6 years for compliance, regulatory reporting and legal obligations.
- Personal details for marketing – we may store your personal information for marketing activities for the greater of the duration of your finance agreement or 6 years, alternatively if you have not taken out a finance product, for a period of 2 years following your application.
- Credit Report and Document Proofs – We may store your credit report or proofs of ID documentation for the duration of your finance agreement.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although your personal information will still only be used in accordance with this policy. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time so you are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. We will, of course, notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
You are entitled to the following in relation to your data:
- Ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee);
- Request the deletion of your personal data (subject to any prevailing regulatory or statutory obligations for Zuto);
- To have any inaccuracies in your information corrected;
- That your data is transferred to a third party; and
- To complain to a supervisory authority.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from Zuto emails, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every Zuto email. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
When and how to contact us
If your personal information changes, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your information, please let us know by contacting our mailing exclusion team at:Zuto Limited
Arrange a call back
9am to 6pm Monday - Saturday