Across the internet, personal finance bloggers are attracting audiences of thousands of followers who are interested in their content talking all about budgeting, financial health and saving money. Talking about money is still such a taboo but these creators are helping break down those walls and start positive conversations about all aspects of personal finance.
One conversation these creators and their audience are having is car finance and the processes and costs surrounding it. At Zuto, we have over 15 years’ experience in car finance and helping you get more #CarFinanceConfident. We have collaborated with personal finance blogger @savingmoneybish, who has an Instagram audience of over 90,000, to share some knowledge about the car finance process and why audiences are turning to creators for financial guidance.
1. Why do you think personal finance creators are so popular at the moment?
I think that with the cost-of-living crisis, many people are worried and are looking for ways to look after their finances.
People value the individual experience of personal finance creators as it closes the barrier and taboo of talking plainly about money. It has become this fab community where we all feel comfortable enough to express our financial worries, tips and triumphs.
2. What do you think finance brands could do to ensure their customers trust them?
Having a great, responsive customer service makes all the difference especially when it is public-facing, connecting with people on their social media channels. Sharing educational and sometimes light content that is accessible and easy to understand.
3. What are the major concerns your audience have when it comes to financing a car?
The biggest concern would be a change in their financial situation, and not being able to afford the monthly payments. The duration of paying the car finance can be long, and circumstances can change drastically during this time.
4. What advice would you give to someone trying to budget for a car?
Set up a 'sinking fund' for your initial payment, a pot of money that you add money to each month for a certain period of time. Make sure that you calculate fuel costs, insurance and MOT into your costs, and make sure that you can fit this comfortably into your monthly budget.
5. What is the process of financing a car?
1) Complete an online application filling in all of your details.
2) Use the online calculator to see how much you can borrow.
3) Pick your loan type and repayment plan
4) Choose your car and be matched with a dealer.
6. Where can we find you online?
I can be found on Instagram, @savingmoneybish Come and say hi!
Get in touch with our team of experts today and we’ll answer any questions you might have. Don’t forget to find us on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok for more car finance content.