Can I apply with an International Licence?

Help & Advice

Yes, you can apply for finance with an international licence, as long as you’ve lived in the UK for three years or more and meet all the other criteria of the lender.

The decision to give finance is based more on your likelihood to stay in the UK and your ability to make the monthly repayments, so your address and credit history is more important to the lender than the kind of licence you have.

However, it is worth pointing out that if you’re driving on a licence from , the European Union or the European Economic Area, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, you will only allowed to drive small vehicles and you will need to change your licence 12 months after entering the UK.

Arrange a call back

Opening hours:
9am to 8pm Monday - Friday
9am to 6pm Saturday
10am to 6pm Sunday and Bank Holidays